Some folks had asked about my experience in cooking and teaching. Here is my resume. Feel free to ask about any of the places I have worked or taught.
Thomas F. Beckman, C.C.E., C.W.P.C.
1/97-Present Cooking and Hospitality Institute of Chicago Chicago, IL
Baking and Pastry Instructor
* Teach and facilitate students basic and advanced concepts including breads, fine pastries,
cakes, laminated doughs and others.
* Consistently develop dynamic lesson plans for all baking and pastry classes offered at school
* Partnered with academic administration to obtain NCA candidacy accreditation.
* Created and conducted demonstrations for the public on all forms of cooking.
11/95-3/99 Private Home Chef Chicago,IL
* Developed extensive low-fat recipes and menus for a family of four in Lincoln Park.
* Controlled expenses and shopped for items
* Cooked dinners and some baked goods.
5/95-1/97 Tra Via Chicago, IL
Pastry and Baking Chef
* Introduced rustic desserts for an eclectic Italian restaurant.
* Produced daily special and menu items along with various breads and pizzas.
* Supervised garde manger staff in executing desserts.
9/93 – 5/95 Ritz-Carlton Hotel Chicago, IL
* Assisted Pastry Chef in developing desserts for Five-Star restaurant outlet, room service, and
* Provided daily set-up & presentation for service.
* Developed high volume production experience with mousses, doughs, and small pastries.
2/93 -8/93 Mayfair Hotel – Le Ciel Bleu Restaurant Chicago, IL
* Created desserts for classical French restaurant. Gained experienced with cakes,
chocolate, creams, ice creams and sorbets.
* Independently produced lunch and tea services for up to 400 guests.
1993 The Cooking & Hospitality Institute of Chicago Chicago, IL
A.A.S.. in Culinary Arts, High Academic Honors
1982 Southern Illinois University Carbondale, IL
B.S. in Communications
1997-present American Culinary Federation, with CCE and CWPC certifications
1997-present Bread Bakers Guild of America